Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Ladies and Gents,

I bought my truck with a 3" lift already installed, not sure what kit it is though. My shocks need to be replaced. I was wondering if anybody knows what kind these are? And if not, what would be a good replacement? 19 inches long extended, 13 inches long compressed. My truck: 2000 Silverado 1500, 5.3L, Z71 4x4, and LT315/75R16 All Terrain Tires. Thanks for any advice or pointers you can give me.

2000 Silverado 1500.jpg

Fox Shocks Extended.jpg

Attachments

· Registered
469 Posts
Those Fox's are awesome shocks. I think the top answer will be Bilstein 5100s around here though and I know there are several sites online running Black Friday sales you could take advantage of.

By the way... love your truck! Looks good with those meats on there.

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
I'd definitely get them rebuilt instead of replacing them. Those are pretty pricey shocks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the replies! I didn't even know it was possible to rebuild shocks. I don't think I will be able to rebuild these ones though. The travel arm on the other shock is snapped clean off right at the end. It didn't bend or anything, just a clean break. I also broke off the mounting bracket for the shock that is pictured. I was driving pretty crazy on a road with VW bug sized potholes. I should have also posted a picture of the snapped off shock. I am currently deployed, and just trying to figure what the part is so I can get it ordered and have it waiting for me when I come home.

MUDCVRD said:
By the way... love your truck! Looks good with those meats on there.
Thanks for the that. She rides pretty well. The roads in Guam are paved with crushed corral, and it gets pretty slick every time there is rain (almost every day). But I only slip or slide if I try to take a corner too fast. Other than that, she grips the road pretty well. And the trails down in the mountains are not a problem. I highly recommend these tires.

[edit: added the quote]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.