Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my battery unplugged/died/replaced over the weekend. Long story but basically I ended with a new battery. Now my dual climate control is blowing hot on one side when the AC is on. Common problem, and I know I need to reset the CC now. Not exactly sure how to do this. Can someone please help me out? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
When you reconnected the battery and started it, it would have run through the self-calibration, but you can try it again. Ignition off, pull the HVAC/ECAS fuse for 10 seconds, reinstall and start vehicle without touching any controls, wait 40 seconds for the control module to self calibrate.

If there is still a problem, the actuator for the temp blend door may have failed. Scan the HVAC for codes.

·
Banned
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GMT604 said:
When you reconnected the battery and started it, it would have run through the self-calibration, but you can try it again. Ignition off, pull the HVAC/ECAS fuse for 10 seconds, reinstall and start vehicle without touching any controls, wait 40 seconds for the control module to self calibrate.

If there is still a problem, the actuator for the temp blend door may have failed. Scan the HVAC for codes.
This did it. Thank you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know this thread goes back a ways, but it seems to be the one that might help me.... if anybody sees this post.
I can't find a fuse labeled HVAC/ECAS, but I do have one labeled Climate Controls (Battery) one labeled Climate Controls (Ignition) and one labeled Auxiliary Climate Control (Ignition). All are in the fuse box under the hood. Is it one these that I should pull for 10 seconds and proceed?
I have cold air coming from the passenger side and hot air from the drivers side, with the ac on.

Thanks in advance.

Chazman

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the same problem. Ac only blows hot in 1 side. I'm out if warranty and don't want be taken by the dealer. Anything work for you?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kind of a long story, but here it is. I ended up replacing the door actuator on the driver's side. (The AC/heat problem actually started after my "main" battery crapped the bed) I replaced the main battery. I believe now that the actuator was not bad, because after I replaced it, it took the truck's brain a day or two to "figure things out", then everything started working correctly again. Fast forward to this week, my secondary battery died a similar death to the first one. Truck wouldn't start and when I checked voltage on the two batteries separately the new one had 12 volts, the secondary had like 4 volts, and it was hot to the touch on the sides. Exactly the same situation that happened the first time with the other battery. It seemed to have shorted itself internally and was dragging the other one down. Again, same thing that happened the first time, except this time I was getting hot air out of the passenger side. I pulled the dead battery and the truck was fine (I didn't replace the secondary battery, just ran on one). Two days after I pulled the dead battery the AC started working normally again on both sides. My conclusion is this. With a dead (or disconnected) battery the AC heat system has a meltdown. Fortunately for me, I only spent time and money replacing one door actuator. Hope this helps, but it sounds like your situation might be a bit different... unless you replaced or had your battery out for some reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts