Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking for some input on putting new tires and rims on my 2005 silverado 4WD with a 2.5" readylift torsion key leveling kit. The tires I'm looking at are 285/70/17 (32.7x11.2x17). The rims I'm looking at are 17x8.5 with -5mm offset and 4.5" backspacing. I currently have bushwhacker pocket style fender flares on the truck with stock rims and tires (265/70/17 tires, 17x7.5 rims with +31mm offset and 5" backspacing), so I'm looking for something to fill out the extra space the flares offer. What are your opinions on any fitment issues I may have with the new setup?

· Registered
438 Posts
I just installed some 17x8.5 wheels with -6 offset and 285/70-17 Cooper ATP tires, and the only fitment problem I have is trimming the front bumper a little inside. It rubs on the driver's side, which is .5" lower than the rear with a 3" block, but doesn't on the passenger's side, which is .25" lower (I need to fix that). They fill out pretty good with my eBay pocket flares.

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,657 Posts
FWIW, I have 17x9 -10 wheels, running a BFG KO2 at 285/70/17, and they clear, no rubbing or cutting/trimming..also leveled about 2.5"..

10,657 Posts
I may be a bit over 2.5, maybe 2.75...but not much more. I still have some threads to crank if I wanted to, but it rides shitty as is, although I've gotten use to it...

· Registered
438 Posts
ricka182 said:
I may be a bit over 2.5, maybe 2.75...but not much more. I still have some threads to crank if I wanted to, but it rides shitty as is, although I've gotten use to it...
That could be it too, I never measured my stock height to see what I gained (stupid...), but my bolts are hanging a little bit below the torsion crossmember since I like a bit of rake.

10,657 Posts
Yeah mine isn't perfectly level. With 4" blocks, I'd have to overcrank way too much for level. I have about 1/4", maybe 1/2" rake...but it's not bad like stock.

· TOTM
7,799 Posts
I was running 295/75/17 Nittos on 17x9 wheel (-12) with only minor plastic trimming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.