Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am trying to place an order on rockauto for a bunch of parts for my truck - 2004 sierra 2500 6.0.
I am stuck on which fan clutch I need. I want to stick with GM parts, and the only GM ones are listed as “electronic”. It looks to me like that is not an accurate label, I don’t see anything electric about them. Am I missing something?
Rectangle Purple Violet Font Magenta

Besides that how do I know which one is the correct one for my truck? I assume I don’t have the heavy duty heater (without knowing what that is, for GM p/n 1540107), but the description for the other one I find a bit hard to follow. AC with auto controls, and dual manual controls?? (for GM p/n 154694) Does that just mean anything with AC?

I have a feeling this is a very simple thing, please school me.

thanks all,

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
1,687 Posts
Those parts descriptions list some RPO codes. You might compared them with the list of RPO codes on the sticker in the glovebox of the truck, to see which is the right part. Those RPO codes on the sticker are useful to keep handy for buying a variety of parts for your truck, I keep them in a note on my phone...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

I checked and found that the truck does not have the RPO code associated with the heavy duty heater, but does have the code listed for the A/C front auto/aux control. I suppose I will get the second on in that list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts