Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
So...a couple weeks ago I acquired a new-to-me 2005 Chevy Silverado with Z71/4x4 and the LT3 package. And it only had 60,630 miles on it. The previous owner only drove it on weekends and interstate at that. It compliments my '97 K1500 quite well ;) I've stalked this forum for a while due to my '97 K1500 and my father's '04 Silverado.

Here's some pictures....new head unit is on the way with appropriate adapters and what not. The Bose system is great, but I really need to have access for iPod. I may at some point totally rip out the Bose components and put in aftermarket stuff, but for now I'm starting small.

My plan once I get past the WI deer season is to change fluids and give it a tune up. Thus far, my list includes:
-Front and rear differential fluid
-New AutoTrak II transfer case fluid
-Transmission flush/filter change
-Brake fluid replacement/flush
-Cooling system flush
-Switch out to Mobil 1 synthetic oil in a couple thousand miles

Plus, I intend to add a locking tailgate handle to the truck to go with the tonneau cover...just as light resistance to thieves since they can cut through the cover. Considering a front grille guard/bull bar, but not sure I'm a huge fan of those...

Anyway, pictures for now!

024.jpg

025.jpg

027.jpg

8.jpg

Parked next to my dad's Silverado when visiting last weekend.

085.jpg

Attachments

· Registered
86 Posts
You found a nice truck for sure. I just landed an 05 Silverado LT 3500 Duramax with just under 65k on the clock. Had an 02 2500HD short box and was able to move a few things over to my O5 like the Kenwood head unit, amp and sub. I'm with you, tunes and attaching a phone to it is a necessary evil.

Enjoy your new ride and tell you Dad he's got a nice one as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.