Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im gonna purchase a tunneau cover this week and i really like the Bak style ones, since they are low profile and sit between the rails rather then on top. and i want a hard cover. But i am stuck between the two. either the roll bak or the bak flip. I know there is a difference in price around 250$- 300$. my only thing is iv never really seen any trucks with the roll bak so idk how they look or function/hold up to the weather.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the Bak Roll-X. I'd give the thing 5 stars so far! I installed it in May and it's been great, easy to roll up and looks good closed. Seals quite nice and I haven't had any issues going through a car wash with the big spinning brushes!

I picked mine up for $712 shipped off of ebay. You don't get the warranty but it was shipped directly from the Bak warehouse so I can't complain! Only real complaint would be when it's rolled up it does take a bit more room than the flip, but the cover itself it attached with two screw knobs, so it could come off easily if needed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had the bak flip HD on my 2012 for a 1 1/2 years and have given it a lot of crap and it still looks great and seals great. Just under $700. but that was 2 years ago almost. Good luck in your decision. Both sounds great.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have the Bak Flip Fiber MAX. Its about 1 year old and still perfect. I considered a roll up but was not willing to give up bed space to install it being i use the truck to haul material and my quad. The bak flip takes up almost none of the bed space when opened up and protects rear window. I got mine from Auto anything.. Look around for the absolute cheapest price you can.. They can probably beat that.. Atleast they did for me.

·
Registered
546 Posts
ive had my bakflip hd for over 2 yrs now and its the bees knees. my buddy had the roll up and he lost about 6 to 8 inches of his bed cus of the rollup device. i would def go with the flip... i also walk on my flip to wash the roof of the truck and it holds up very well.

·
Registered
706 Posts
MadHatter said:
ive had my bakflip hd for over 2 yrs now and its the bees knees. my buddy had the roll up and he lost about 6 to 8 inches of his bed cus of the rollup device. i would def go with the flip... i also walk on my flip to wash the roof of the truck and it holds up very well.
Now there is an idea.. found myself standing on my door sills trying to wax the roof 2 weekends ago. Forgot i had a bed i could stand in to do it. LOL :oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.