Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in getting a 50" led spot light bar for the roof of my pickup for the upcoming ice fishing season to be able to see pressure ridges and what not in the dark. i did some looking and all i can find is brackets that require drilling. im assuming its for the shark fin antenna. but what would be the problem with using the factory mounting location for a roof rack that the crew cabs come with? i am not totally sure on what they use, if its bolts or just a clamp style, but would it be that hard making a bracket using that mounting point?
i already have a 22" light bar in my bumper but i would like a spot light up high just to make things more visible.
Im not above building a basket rack for it for a spare tire beings i have bigger sized tires so if any of you have building plans for one and wouldnt mind sharing i would be happy with that!
I tried searching google and this site for anybody doing this but came up with nothing other than using the 'drilling required' brackets
any input on how to do this and make it as effective as possible would be much appreciated! thanks!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I would think the factory one would need drilling as well. Only way around that is if you clamped them on the edge under the door seal which might be an option if you can fabricate something. The factory roof racks are kind of far back from what i remember.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm.. maybe I will just go with the rigid brackets and 50" light bar and keep it on..

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I think the Avalanche have a piece of the trim in the roof that you can pull up and there are bolts hidden under there but i have never seen that on a silverado.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.