Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day new to the forum but old on the planet B'date 1942. I have a new (to me) 06 2500 crew long bed WT. It has a snow plow prep. I don't intend to plow, I'm just trying to make it a little more comfy. The rig has a wiring harness above the headliner that is intended for roof top light. Four wires in the harness can someone identify these for me? I want to use the power for a new (to me) auto dim w/ compass and temp mirror. If I knew where they terminate I could use the two that are not the power feed to run to the temp sensor.
Thanks Ken :?:

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Ken, Welcome Aboard! :cool:

Perhaps these will help.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks silvery 13,
That print is just what I needed. Don't plan on clearance lights...but maybe someday.
I can trace the extra wires back and hopefully use them for the temp probe. and save a lot of fishing

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
I have access to '03 Silvy diagrams.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I am trying to find wiring diagrams for cab lights for an '03 Silverado and possibly a newer one (2013ish) as I have heard that there is a plug behind the passenger side dash end cap that you can wire the newer lights into with the newer harness by switching the positive and negative leads around. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
851 Posts
@ grim, Here are a couple of photos of the right side dash in my 03 Silverado. I installed Recon cab lights about a year ago and found a tap, I think it is labeled "B" that is controlled by the park light switch. The cab lights come on with the headlights/park lights and are off when the DRL's are running. In the photo it is the single green wire. I installed 07-13 cab lights on my 2003 and I bought the newer harness from Recon too. The green wire is the power wire I ran down the right side A pillar and spliced to the Recon harness. I took a wider shot too so you can figure out where exactly this it. Hope this helps. BTW I really like the two tone paint on your 03!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.