Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
That's the one where you have to hack up the oem and drill holes and what not isn't it?

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,121 Posts
Should have at least taken the sticker off of the condenser...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
Yeah I was looking at one myself and thought it would be a PITA after looking at the instructions.

how thick is the main rc piece that bolts to the chrome oem grill? I was worried about it sticking out (on top of the grill) and looking goofy and I was also worried about it not contouring to the oem well.

Can you get some up close shots of it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I was looking at one myself and thought it would be a PITA after looking at the instructions.

how thick is the main rc piece that bolts to the chrome oem grill? I was worried about it sticking out (on top of the grill) and looking goofy and I was also worried about it not contouring to the oem well.

Can you get some up close shots of it?
Its about .250" once the two layers are together. Its a ring that goes around the grille aspect. I can snag some pictures later, it was def a PITA as the instructions just show a picture of a tech holding a sawzaw near the grille, but not arrows or ref. to what actually needs to be cut. I cut it out slowly so I didn't over-do it and then spent an hour trying to find a video/write up. I didn't. I should've done an instructional but it was hot that day and I was just getting frustrated with the amount of hacking and lack of instruction on their paper. I can likely write up something post-install that would help I'm sure.

One thing I will note is the removal of the front fascia to get the bottom grille bolts was def the scariest part, because the instructions just say remove it, they don't mention there are 6 or 7 tabs behind it that clip the the header panel, they just show the two bolts on each fender that are behind the wheel well lining.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.