Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "2.5in GM Leveling Lift Kit (07-17 1500 PU)" will provide 2.5 " of lift in the front, and 1 extra inch in the back (due to the swap from 1 inch stock to 2 inch block. This will give the truck 1 inch of rake from the front to back?

Will running an aftermarket wheel with a negative offset allow me to fit bigger or smaller tires, than the stock wheels would (with the RC kit installed)?

I don't know if its possible but I would like to fit 275 or 285/ 65 R 20, or something pretty close.

· Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm not sure on the wheels, but with my experience you don't always get the complete amount of lift that the kit specifies it is for. For example I put a 1 inch spacer on the front of my truck and I ended up with 3/4 of an inch lift when it was all said and done. Even though I'm going to lift it again, I always subtract roughly a 1/4 of an inch off of the kit I'm buying.

· Registered
1,520 Posts
A 275/65R20 is a 34.1x10.8 inch tire. The 285 is closer to a 34.5x11.2 inch tire. Stock should be a 275/55R20 if you got stock 20s. Thats a roughly 31.9 inch tire. I'm not 100% on the newer generations but I think that's a bit too large for just a level. I believe with a level kit you are only going to be able to run mid 33s without getting into body modification.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the clearance different on the newer generations than the 2016. I only ask because I had right at 34" on my 2006, and the tire place just torqued the torsion bars a little bit I think. I'm hoping if I go with something a little narrower than what most people are running I can go up in diameter a little bit.

· Registered
310 Posts
I would stick with 33's on a 2.5" lift. Also, the rear end of your truck already sits about 1"-1.5" higher than the front so adding 1" to the back (with the blocks) will even it out with the 2.5" added to the front. Goodluck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.