Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. gotta question about my 2001 silverado 2wd.

unfortunetly I have a 2 wheel drive. I put a 3 inch rough country lift kit with it included the front lift spindles, blocks & ubolts, and shocks. It gave a nice stance along with the new rims and tires.

My question is, It it safe and/or possible to add a 2 inch coil spacer in the front. the lift kit still has the 'nose down' look which i want to get rid of. Any suggestions on what i can do to get rid of the front down appearance?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, a small spacer would work, but if you're also in the market for some new shocks, I would look in to the Bilstein 5100's. Not 100% sure if they make them for ur year, but that's the route I took on my 2011. Kill 2 birds and get some of the best shocks made. It is well worth it. My truck rides way better than stock. If money's tight, the spacer option will work, but u might have problems getting it aligned. I would go with a 1" spacer just to be safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey. im in the exact same situation and i was wondering if you had put the spacer on? Also what spacer did you get and where did you find it? i cant find one for extended cab.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I don't think you'll get an answer as this thread is almost two years old, but I commend you for using the search feature ;)

Now, in regards to your question: Yes it is possible, but your upper ball joints and tie rod ends will be at horrendous angles, which will cause premature wear. If you want more height, I would suggest getting a full suspension lift, or put a small body lift on.

And for finding the spacer, the cab configuration shouldn't make a difference - only the fact that it is a 2wd. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
n8dh said:
I don't think you'll get an answer as this thread is almost two years old, but I commend you for using the search feature ;)

Now, in regards to your question: Yes it is possible, but your upper ball joints and tie rod ends will be at horrendous angles, which will cause premature wear. If you want more height, I would suggest getting a full suspension lift, or put a small body lift on.

And for finding the spacer, the cab configuration shouldn't make a difference - only the fact that it is a 2wd. Hope this helps :)
Believe it or not cab configuration does matter. ive tried a regular spacer and it didnt fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.