Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a ton of research I finally pulled the trigger on the Rough Country vertex coilovers. Seems the keep and Tacoma guys are loving these coilovers on the forums. I couldn’t find many reviews of them on the silverados/sierras.

Out of the box these things are impressive. they appear to be very well built. I spoke with two different guys a RC who confirmed they 6-7.5” listed on their website come set at 7”. I did measure before and after I installed them and I did not loose any ground clearance. Hopefully they stays true and I want have to take them back off the adjust them. I haven’t gotten much ride time on them yet but the little I have had they are a noticeable improvement over the lifted struts I had before. The dampener adjustment appears to work as there is a noticeable difference between 1 and 8 on the settings. I currently running at setting 3. I’ll report back after I get more miles on them.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Coil spring Gas Electrical wiring Cable Electronic component

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,661 Posts
Typically coilovers will settle a little bit. I'm my experience with three sets of Fox and one set of CST, they always settled around half and inch or so.

The Fox 2.5s on my 15 settled the most. Likely due to the added weight of the diesel up front. Not really enough for me to even mess with, and I'm glad they all settled.

If you live in an area with salt in the winter, you will definitely want to coat them with an anti corrosion spray. I use acf50. Otherwise one winter will ruin them. The aluminum will corrode quick if not treated.

· Registered
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Typically coilovers will settle a little bit. I'm my experience with three sets of Fox and one set of CST, they always settled around half and inch or so.

The Fox 2.5s on my 15 settled the most. Likely due to the added weight of the diesel up front. Not really enough for me to even mess with, and I'm glad they all settled.

If you live in an area with salt in the winter, you will definitely want to coat them with an anti corrosion spray. I use acf50. Otherwise one winter will ruin them. The aluminum will corrode quick if not treated.
Good to know. I can deal with them settling a half inch. That wouldn’t bother me enough to spend the time pulling them off and putting them back on.

I live in Central Louisiana so winter is basically nonexistent down here lol

· Registered
2017 High Country 6.2L 4 x 4
148 Posts
The Vertex coil-over pkg was only half of this conversion...right. Add in ReadyLift upper/lower tubular controls arms, aftermarket spindles, stabilizer and all associated hardware now you have the rest of story. And that's just the frontend.

Trust it performs for you...that's allot of aftermarket expense just to cruise around in....but hey it's not my money.(y)

Btw, what does your caster/camber and toe-in numbers look like now? All of that might be rough on your CV joints, pinion/driveline angles...etc. Might be some premature wear that wasn't planned.

There is always trade-off's when you start going vertical.

· Registered
07 Tahoe lifted on 24s 07 Silverado lifted cammed on 22s
31 Posts
I went from the rc lifted struts and forged uca to icon coil overs and fabtech uniball uca
The ride difference was night and day
Tire Automotive tire Rim Gear Bicycle part

looking forward tohearing your experience with the vertex coilovers

· Registered
367 Posts
Agree with Trax on the fluid film for corrosion protection. Even though you are southern region, you surely want to keep them looking clean and shiny. Looks good with what you added on for your suspension.

· How-To Author
2009 5.3l 6l80
6,017 Posts
The only negative with them is you cant send them in to be rebuilt like they will need at 50-75k miles. But how many do that anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts