Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Shocks then go from there jack up see if shocks are leaking fluid had my 17 for six months ,started riding rough. Crawled underneath and tada nice upgraded😉 ranches leaking fluid .had to take to the dealer twice 🤬

·
Administrator
7,325 Posts
What PSI are you running in your tires?

Reactions: Leveled17yeti

·
Registered
558 Posts
Besides checking to see if you have a blown shock and too much air in your tires, remember that these trucks are designed to haul a load and ride better with at least a couple hundred pounds over the rear axle.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That looks like some sort of lift in the rear. Does it have add-a-leafs or a taller block? The shocks might be overextending if they are stock but some height was added. A taller tire with more sidewall can also help absorb some bumps but these are trucks, so they won't really ride smooth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What PSI are you running in your tires?
Man can't remember what psi I had in them it may be thirty but I'm not sure to late to go out side an check now.
That looks like some sort of lift in the rear. Does it have add-a-leafs or a taller block? The shocks might be overextending if they are stock but some height was added. A taller tire with more sidewall can also help absorb some bumps but these are trucks, so they won't really ride smooth.
Everything looks stock underneath and the left rear shock is leaking it's wet. I'll get it lowered down one day I don't like the rear that tall

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man can't remember what psi I had in them it may be thirty but I'm not sure to late to go out side an check now.

Everything looks stock underneath and the left rear shock is leaking it's wet. I'll get it lowered down one day I don't like the rear that tall
I got this truck to haul my pressure washing equipment with but things didn't work out like I planned but still good to have a truck. I will take pictures of the under side tomorrow evening let you guys look at it cause I mite miss something an I'll check the tire psi.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2002 RCSB Z71
57 Posts
RCSB trucks ride rougher than longer trucks, it's the nature of the short wheel base beast. They also tend to look taller in the rear, optical illusion. I too will be removing my blocks very soon. O'reilly's carries a couple size u-bolts in stock in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts