Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after cleaning my truck today I noticed a strip of rust starting to form on the top of my passenger side rear door. I am amazed by this because there is no other rust anywhere on the truck. Why is this happening here and what can I do to stop it. I dont want to take it to a shop nor spend a ton of money... :evil:

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
You ever have the truck buffed ? Kind of looks like someone got aggressive and took out cleat coat and paint. Looks like surface I'd get it taken care of asap. Depending on year and mileage may still be covered under warranty

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chevyman2k12 said:
You ever have the truck buffed ? Kind of looks like someone got aggressive and took out cleat coat and paint. Looks like surface I'd get it taken care of asap. Depending on year and mileage may still be covered under warranty
I did not have it buffed but maybe the previous owner did. i have waxed it but never buffed. Its a 2008 with 116k miles so there arent any warranties left. im just gona sand it down and paint over it. then in the spring ill have it fully detailed. cant really afford to get it professionally done right now. :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.