Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is driving me nuts!!! I have an 05 and the seatbelt roller in the seat squeaks when moving. Bumps in the road make me move, making it squeak. I'm wondering what I could use to lube it and how to get it in there with out getting it all over belt, in turn getting it all over me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
I would pull the belt all the way out, then using a can of WD40 or other spray lube with the little straw in the sprayer, I would spray inside the housing to lube the mechanism. Give it a minute to let the excess drain through and then let the seatbelt retract. There shouldn't be enough left on the mechanism to "soak" the belt. Alternatively, I don't think it is all that hard to remove the housing which would give you unfettered access to the mechanism so that you can lube it more accurately, maybe with a lithium grease.

· Registered
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB
3,145 Posts
I took the clip out when I did mine. Sadly no pics of that, I found a description online about where the hooks are that hold that plastic piece in and once you get it out you can clearly see the pin or bearing sticking out on either side of the belt that needs to be greased.

You might try searching google or google images for that plastic piece to see how it comes off. Took quite a bit of force to remove, even prying in the right spots.

· Registered
554 Posts
I used silicone spray lube on our previous pop up camper pulley system to keep it lubed. WD40 can stain and run the canvas, but the silicone was clean to use. Probably would be the same deal with your seatbelt mechanism.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.