Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2000 chevy silverado as a fixer upper. First i had brake issues and finally got those all fixed and now I'm on to the service 4wd message. The truck is throwing code C0327 encoder motor circuit malfunction and was throwing a code for an open ground, found a broken wire creating a bad ground and fixed it plus cleaned the ground points. I am at a loss with this issue though and can't get it figured out.

What I've done/what the PO replaced:
-new TCCM
-new selector switch
-new encoder motor
-new front axle actuator
-ground points cleaned
-fuses are good
-tested for voltage at the encoder motor and have 11.7 volts to the orange fused wire and 4.83 to the red and black wires
-tried unhooking the battery for a week for a hard reset on the tccm to no avail

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

· Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same problem. When it works it works great with no mechanical issues. But when the message comes on it stops working.
Now I have no lights in the switch. I am going to clean all the connectors and apply dielectric grease to all that I can get to. Someone also mentioned the connector at the Control Modal will go bad. Please let me know if you find out. I hate just replacing parts that don't fix the problem.
People jump right to the encoder motor to find out that doesn't fix the problem. Think someone would have figured it out by now.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it's a lot of parts thrown at our big I didn't throw them all at it. PO did most of them. My current issue is the code and message plus no lights at the 4wd switch. They light up at start then go out. I am currently going through wiring but haven't found anything. Need to start testing for high resistance in them yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.