Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
07.5 Silverado
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started getting the "Service Tire Pressure Monitor System" Message on my 2007 VortecMax "new body" style.
It was working until I lowered the tire pressures to 15psi for some beach driving in soft sand. Within minutes of dropping the pressure I got this message. The normal relearn method used after correcting a low tire pressure warning does not fix it. It does not register any of the tire pressures. Is there a way I can fix this myself? What is the normal cause?

· Registered
451 Posts
The cause is that you lowered the pressure. The system is set to check for a certain psi (usually ~35 psi). If you lower it to 15 psi and reset the system, it is still looking for 35 psi. Once you reinflate the tires the error should go away.

· Registered
451 Posts
I misunderstood the issue then. When you cycle through your DIC, can you see the pressure of all the tires? Or is there a "--" for any of them?

· Registered
07.5 Silverado
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
project_darkphoenix_ said:
I misunderstood the issue then. When you cycle through your DIC, can you see the pressure of all the tires? Or is there a "--" for any of them?
No, I don't see any tire pressures. I have not tried pulling a fuse or killing the battery.

· Registered
451 Posts
If it's not reading any pressures, then the TPMS units aren't properly communicating with the DIC. Try pulling the DSM fuse (should be in the fuse box inside the driver's door dash panel), letting it sit for a few minutes, put the fuse back in, and go for a drive. The TPMS on '07 and '08 were very finicky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.