Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm experience a small issue and wanted to know if anyone could share some insight or personal experience.

While heading back to work from lunch today I started the truck and notice 'Service traction control' & 'Service Stabilitrak' messages in my DIC. I also had traction control and ABS lights lit on my dash.

Hoping it was just a low voltage issue I ran over to my trusted auto parts store and ran a check on the battery, starter, and alternator all of which came back good. No service codes came back either and I've check all fuses and everything looks fine. I tried turning traction control off and back on again but holding the button down doesn't seem to do anything. Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting didn't get rid of the lights either.

Has anyone experienced this before and could tell me what's going on?

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Hello All,

I'm experience a small issue and wanted to know if anyone could share some insight or personal experience.

While heading back to work from lunch today I started the truck and notice 'Service traction control' & 'Service Stabilitrak' messages in my DIC. I also had traction control and ABS lights lit on my dash.

Hoping it was just a low voltage issue I ran over to my trusted auto parts store and ran a check on the battery, starter, and alternator all of which came back good. No service codes came back either and I've check all fuses and everything looks fine. I tried turning traction control off and back on again but holding the button down doesn't seem to do anything. Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting didn't get rid of the lights either.

Has anyone experienced this before and could tell me what's going on?
Resurrecting this - what did you find out way back then? Have same issue - "service stabilitrak" and "service traction control" but no codes. Every wheel has new speed sensors, etc. Hope you're still around.

·
Registered
2017 LT Z-71 Crew Cab
566 Posts
Resurrecting this - what did you find out way back then? Have same issue - "service stabilitrak" and "service traction control" but no codes. Every wheel has new speed sensors, etc. Hope you're still around.
On the 2011 Sierra I had I got same messages. Turned out the steering wheel position sensor was bad.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
On the 2011 Sierra I had I got same messages. Turned out the steering wheel position sensor was bad.
Thanks. Just saw an article on google that outlines the various triggers. Has new wheel speed sensors already, new ABS module, etc. How tough is it to get to that steering sensor?

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Couldn't tell ya. Had it fixed at dealer under my extended warranty.
Ah those wonderful days of let the dealer deal with it. My last brand new was my '90 Sierra bought in Fresno, CA. That thing was in the shop all the time it seemed. Have bought used ever since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. Just saw an article on google that outlines the various triggers. Has new wheel speed sensors already, new ABS module, etc. How tough is it to get to that steering sensor?
You need to remove the steering column. Its not a bad job. I took me about 1h15m to do mine. Switching the sensor was easy. Make sure to secure the steering wheel from turning so you don't destroy the clock spring under the steering wheel. Don't ask me how I know ;-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts