Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've had the itch to plasti-dip everything I can get my hands on for the past couple of days.

Two days ago I decided to redo my front GMC emblem from white to black, as well as taking all of the badging to black.

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

And then today I decided to just go ahead and plasti-dip my toolbox. I've been thinking about getting it either painted or bedlined. Figured I would try this first though and save a couple hundred bucks.

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

Next up in about a month, window tint and 285/70r17 Duratracs!

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
when you did the Sierra badge, did you just rub off the excess spray between lettering?? Seems like that could be a challenge getting in all those small slots.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did. The thicker the plastidip, the easier it is to peel off. Some of the small spaces were kind of annoying and the dip would often tear before I could get all of it out between the letters. That's when I used a bamboo skewer to get the rest. The bamboo won't scratch the paint.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Never underestimate the power of procrastination. I went ahead and dipped the back bumper. I'm not really sure if I like it or not. I think this might fall under "too much of anything is a bad thing." I was sloppy with my taping job and tore a little bit of the dip (as you can probably see in the picture) so I took it all off. What do you guys think? Should I redo it?

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And 09chevyman, All of this only took three and a half cans, if you can believe that. Of course, I wouldn't mind buying all the cans that Lowes has... God only knows what I could find to do with all that.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
I kinda like it actually...chrome and a white truck doesn't blend well for me. But hey whatever you like is what matters. And if talking about the spot on drivers side of the bumper, I can see it fairly easy. I would redo it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Look'n good..:) Oh to have that time..lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.