Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I regularly shift my 95 silverado into 4Hi and have never had a problem but the other day I needed 4Lo. I stopped the truck put the transmission in neutral and put the floor shift in the neutral and set the parking brake like it says on the floor shifter and when I went from neutral to 4Lo it made a loud clunk and engaged. I then shifted the transmission back into drive and the 4Lo worked fine. When taking it out I followed the same steps putting both the transmission and the floor shift in neutral while setting the parking brake but shifting back into 2Hi the shifter was stubborn and noisy again making another loud clunk. Is this clunk normal when shifting into 4Lo? and are the steps I took correct? Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
The clunk is normal. I'd try doing the shifting with the parking brake off. A slight amount of truck movement is ok and soemtimes helps to line up the splines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.