Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb question for you...I've always been a little scared to drop my truck into 4lo. I know I should do it periodically to keep it functioning, but I've heard horror stories (and even experienced one) about not being able to get it to come back out of it when it comes to these older trucks, especially with the push-button controls. Like when I had my '02 blazer with push-button 4wd, I used 4lo to pull someone out of the snow and it took about 45 minutes of back and forth to get it to disengage. Having an older truck that I don't know the history about, should I be afraid to use it or should it be fine?

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Just put it in near your house. If it doesn't come out then you're close to home. Testing it periodically is a great idea just so you know it works when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
Yah, I don't use 4wd much in the summers around here, but I drop it in once in a while just to keep it loose. I also do 4Lo every so often as well. Better to have it happen when you are prepared than to need it and have it break or get stuck out in the back country 50 miles from home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.