Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While searching for a constant power I accidentally shorted it out and not everything is messed up. I shorted the pink hot wire running to the turn signal fuse in the front fuse panel. Doing this I lost turn signals. When I turn on a signal I lose dash lights. I press the emergency blinkers and dash lights turn on and off, unless the turn signal is on. I also have zero cab lights and hitting the breaks with the emergency flashers on, the direction that makes me have dash lights, my dash lights go out. I also have zero reverse lights. I replaced the turn signal flasher and no help. And advice or speculation would be appreciated.

· Registered
1,863 Posts
That fuse feeds the 25A flasher fuse, or is supposed to. :lol: Sometimes the wiring diagrams are wrong. I would check all the fuses.

Did you put a test light on the flasher fuse to see if it has power? Pulling fuses and looking at stuff is useless, you need to test for power at different points in the circuit till you find the problem.

Wiring diagrams in the electrical section, sticky at the top.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I have been referencing the diagram from my Haynes manual and it dies have it going to the fuse, which is not blown. I have checked about all the fuses I can think of. I'm going to check the mid bussed electrical centre, because it looks like it passes through there, the only other thing I can think of is the turn signal switch. Is it easy for those to short, and if it did would it cause some of the other issues associated with it?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Solved.

After and hour of tracing out the wire all the way to the fuse box under the hood. after taking apart the fuse box and tracing the wire i found it lead to the other 50A fuse in the panel. take a look at the fuse again and sure enough it was blown, I just couldn't see it when the fuse box was installed. Thanks for all the help, feel free to make fun of me for wasting hours on a blown fuse.

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
I don't even bother trying to pull fuses and look to see if one is blow. I just get out my test light and see what I have for power. You can go through the whole fuse box very fast this way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.