Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My side mirrors have started acting up on my 2011 Silverado. When I unlock my truck w/ the key fob, the passenger mirror will be adjusted all the way to some extreme (usually top right or bottom right). The mirror motor doesn't stop until the door is opened (though I didn't wait very long). It initially only did it once and a while; now its most of the time. The driver's side mirror will now occasionally do it too.

I don't think this has to do w/ the driver recall. And I've disabled the 2 mirror recall settings in the DIC. I'm running the tow mirrors now (OEM); truck originally came with the regular power fold mirrors. I bought the truck 7 months ago and immediately swapped to the tow mirrors in the first week. The tow mirrors don't have power fold, but otherwise worked fine for a few months before this problem started happening.

I saw a couple threads on this board about possibly water/bad connection and a bad power seat control module (thread was for an older model). Nothing seemed definitive though. The fact that both mirrors can do it does seem to support the idea of a bad module The OEM mirrors were PnP, didn't notice any corrosion or water in the doors at that time. Any help? I'd hate to spend the $220 and not have it solve the problem.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To preemptively address one item: I called my local dealership and they said there was no such thing as reprogramming for the tow mirrors (a 3rd solution I found online after making my post).

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,671 Posts
It sounds like something is not working right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.