Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm looking to buy a roof led bar for my sierra 2016 all terrain. I want a curved one, with great lighting. My problem is that theres a lot of different price. A shop here in my town sell one for 1249$ with bracket +taxes... and i find some on ebay at 89$...
Can someone tell me what i should look for? Lumens? Watts?
I was hoping to pay less then 600$.
Thanks!

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
19,445 Posts
Depends how often your going to use it. If just for looks and the occasional use, then a cheaper one is fine. If you plan on using it a lot off road or whatever the I may spend a little more.

I would not put one on the roof though. Too much wind noise for me.

· TOTM
6,243 Posts
I had a 50in curved bar on my 06, loved the look but hated the noise.

I have a RC 30in bar behind the grille on my 16, super clean look and holds its own on lighting up the night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

· Registered
20 GMC AT4, 5.3L, 10-speed
524 Posts
You're going to hate the noise from a roof bar. These guys got it right - something in the grill or bumper will throw a ton of light without the noise issue.

If you go with a cheaper light bar, at a minimum you should seal it with silicon to ensure moister does not get in.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,804 Posts
If you want a bumper or grill bar, and you really want a bright one, find one that has 5w or 10w led chips.
I think these two companies sell them:
And they are high quality

https://plashlights.com/
www.blackoakled.com

· Registered
20 GMC AT4, 5.3L, 10-speed
524 Posts
I've got an eyourlife 20" light bar on my bumper. Here's a comparison with it off and on. 12,600 lumen, waterproof, bought off amazon for $70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
310 Posts
I agree, the wind noise is kinda a PITA but it does its job of lighting up backroads and trails like a boss! I have a Auxbeam 50" curved and I think its 288Watts and 28800 lumens($99 on Amazon but I got it off a friend for $60). I'll take a picture tonight if that helps. Goodluck

· Registered
310 Posts
also it does not come with door jam mounts....it comes with roof mounts and I regret drilling into my roof :evil: so i'd highly recommend against that lol

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everyone! I didnt tough it would make wind noise!! I'm not gunna buy one, unless i can find a friend who has one so i can see if its that bad for me lolll!!
I'm going to put my money somewhere else!! Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.