Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have looked all over the internet for something similar to my problem, no luck. First off my reverse lights don't work. My brake lights and signal lights all blink when I put my foot on the brake. While driving in the cab the signal lights appear to work if I don't have my foot on the brake. I put my foot on the brake and they blink rapidly or not at all. I had a guy stop me this morning to tell me myy signal lights come on everytime I brake.
I checked lights and fuses and everything seems fine. I don't know where to start looking now. It's a 2003 Sierra.
Any advice would be appreciated.

ACAMACIAN

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Do you have any aftermarket lights added or modifications to the lights?

If not, its most likely a short in one of the connections in the back of the truck either in the lenses or i think there is a connection under the bed near the trailer pin harness.

Looked for scorched marks and warped plastic first. If not then keep following wires untill you see something out of place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took out all the bulbs in the rear lights and they were good. And I haven't replaced any that would have caused this.I did check in the harness at the back but saw nothing obvious. I'll have to take a more closer look. I wonder if it could be a ground issue as it is fairly rusty there.

Thanks a lot for the response

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
yea bad ground would do stuff like that for sure. Creates resistance and forces the power other places. I have seen LED's connected to larger powered wires that will blow when the car runs because there is just enough ground to make the LED light up when the car is off but as soon as its on the wire gets power and blows the component.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't beleive it but I found it. I was following the wiring under the truck and reached up over the shock bracket tube and felt a broke wire. I recently broke a shock mount and had to get some welding done there. I went a month with the broke shock before I had a chance to get it repaired and never put 2 and 2 together.

Thanks for the help..

ACAMACIAN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.