Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
IMG_1250.JPG
I took the front wheels and tires off today to check the brake pads and was shocked at what I found! This is a 45k, 09, LT, Z71. I have never ever seen spindles and half shafts with so much rust! I smacked the spindles with a hammer and was amazed at the giant chucks of rust that fell off!

Attachments

· Servicemen
2021 GMC Sierra Denali CC 4WD Ultimate 6.2L
5,298 Posts
Your vehicle is not made to last forever. Most people do not like to hear this but the reality is, car/truck dealers and OEM's need a reason for owners to keep buying new vehicles otherwise they simply won't make money.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,804 Posts
They are.... if you take care of them with preventative maintenance and care

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ferraiolo1 said:
Yea seriously, no matter then make or brand any vehicle will look like that if you don't take care of it.

This was my 08 that spent 110k miles all in norther PA
With yearly undercarriage maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see a lot of after market parts on there, and who paints their suspension parts yearly.............really?

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
19,445 Posts
I doubt he paints them every year, or at all.

He probably uses a yearly undercoating. My assumption would be that it gets undercoat sprayed on it every fall.

You'd be amazed at how well simple things like that can make the rust not even start.

But the key is you have to start doing it before rust starts.

· Registered
1,173 Posts
I undercoat my truck with used motor oil sprayed through a paint gun. The rust started on my truck long before I had it, the oil will stop it so long as I coat it a couple times a year. And it only takes 15 minutes each time.

· Registered
875 Posts
That rust just reminds me why I like living in the south. No road salt ever. I would go nuts having to deal with that. Though if you really want to see something cool check out laser rust removal machine. Those things are cool.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.