Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2013 Chevy Silverado 3500 LTZ, 4WD, diesel, extended cab, DRW with 8' bed.

In the glove compartment there is a sticker which recommends a limit of 3325 lbs for a slide-in truck camper. However, this is 1000 lbs less than the rated box cargo capacity of this truck model. The 3325 value corresponds exactly to the cargo weight capacity of the SRW version of my truck.

I am thinking the assembly line is using the same glove box for both models, or someone placed the wrong sticker in my glove box.

Does anyone have the same 2013 DRW truck as mine or the SRW version?
Appreciate if you could look in your glove box and tell me your sticker for slide in truck campers states. This is important as I want to buy a new truck camper.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,959 Posts
It might be 1000 lbs less because they want you to take into account that you'll probably have passengers and extra cargo and luggage in the cab. Sorry... that's all I the advice I can give. Personally, I firmly believe those ratings are simply "guidelines" ;), but you could always phone your dealer and get the answer from them. If you ask the camper dealer, they'll probably tell you that you can buy their super-duper deluxe model, weighing in a 5000 lbs, just so they can make more $$$.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not too sure on a 3500, but on my 08 2500 hd, I carry a 3200# truck camper. It rides well with stable loads and Timbren's SES to bolster the weight carrying capacity. You will find out that most of the weight will be carried by the rear axle.

If you weigh the truck, you will know how much weight will be on the rear. The tires will be the limiting factor. With it being a dually, you ought to be able to carry just about what you want to without overloading the tires. My rear axle is capable of carrying 10000# from what I have read. I only have 6450# on it with the camper, and I upgraded the tires and rims to carry 7500#, so I am ok on weight.

Wish I could help you more. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.