Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this quite often, especially when its cold. It doesnt miss or run rough at all. No codes. I changed the spark plugs 5 months ago and i clean the aem dry filter every month. It doesnt get up to speed all that quick. I mean even 90' camrys out accelerate me from a stop. I have a airaid jr with a aem dry filter. Truck does have a exhaust leak. Any advice?

· Registered
382 Posts
I highly doubt it is a dragging brake pad...I would think you would notice other symptoms if it was dragging enough to slow your truck down. There are a lot more guys on here more knowledgeable than I, but there are a few things that could cause this. MAF, throttle position sensor, gummed up throttle body, etc. Is your truck throwing code/is your 'check engine' light on?

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wouldnt a clogged cat throw a code or make the truck run a bit rough? It passed smog last year around this time. Would the absence of my tail pipe not going all the way to the back cause poor performance or back pressure? I have a flowmaster 40 but no exhaust pipe going all the way to the back of the trucks bumber. I just have the flowmaster with about 4 inch of pipe coming out of it. I have to get the truck around 3k rpm to just keep up with other cars. Hope that makes sense

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
No it doesn't always throw a code
And your exhaust set up would not affect it either.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cleaning the maf and tb seemed to help. I was lucky when i was cleaning my tb, my toothbrush broke and the broken brush head landed right in reach inside the throttle body. :cool: So i just used blue shop rags to do the cleaning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.