Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting my build thread. Thank to all the members here that have given me ideas.

Here is is the day I picked it up at the dealership...

Added AVS Bugflector and ventshades

Added Putco Stainless Steel fender dressing:

Rough Country 2" Level kit installed:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Added Air-Lift Air Bags...

Install was extremely easy. Took about an hour total, and half of that was routing the air lines. No on board compressor yet. Rides Great at 15 psi. 100 psi is max. Haven't gone that high yet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
^ Sooo wanna do the cab lights on my truck, but i really don't have the nerve to drill holes in my roof quite yet haha. Difficult job?

Awesome looking truck too by the way!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Lights look good! I am the same, a little too nervous to do that job.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Love the tow mirrors! I am wanting to do the same to mine but it will be quite pricy for the heated with turn signals.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Installed the Airaid system this afternoon. Not nearly as loud as I expected. Mind you, my last truck was a V6 N!$$*n with a Cool-Vue system, that was very loud and droney. Only went a couple of miles today with it, so really no feel to it yet. I have a 50 mile trip on Monday that will tell me how it is running. It does clean up the engine bay quite a bit. Can't believe how big and crazy the factory tube was.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today I installed a Prodigy P2 Brake Controller. Pretty straight forward install. The supplied connector has about 3 feet of wire and easily connects to the factory wires. I watched a video on etrailer.com and found the mounting location that used existing screws, so no new holes in the dash. Looking forward to purchasing a travel trailer very soon, now that the truck is ready to tow. I chose this controller due to some strong recommendations from friends and family that tow campers. Some very nice features with it are it is self-leveling (works on uneven terrain), several boost settings to apply trailer brakes faster than truck brakes to save wear and tear on the truck and it works in reverse.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice mix of fun and practical mods!

·
Registered
413 Posts
That's some good looking summer fun. It's not squatting the truck a bit.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Truck looks awesome Steve. If you get a chance could you take some pics of the wiring for those cab marker lights? I want to gather as much reference material I can before I buy mine. I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Lookin good! Tow mirrors and cab lights...love it! I've also got the airbags in mine, and have yet to build up an on board air system...mainly so I can run train horns.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.