Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
I found a 2008 Z71 4wd Vortec max extended cab for a good price. It has 70,000 miles.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1383107576.653498.jpg

I currently have a 2008 Z71 4wd 5.3 extended cab with 125,000 miles. The two trucks are identical other than the motors, I would get the dealer to swap my rims and tires because I just put new tires on it. My MIT will swap over, and programmer will also. I would also swap my mirror caps and paint match my door handles again, so it would pretty much be the same truck, just less miles with the bigger motor.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1383107790.840336.jpg

I'm thinking about trading it in, I could get a lower interest rate than what I did 7 months ago on the truck I have now because of the mileage. So my note would be pretty much identical. Just trying to decide if it's worth getting the Vortec max or not.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Lower mileage and a bigger engine are good, but it depends on how much of a loss you're taking swapping the trucks.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I'm going to leave work early tomorrow and go talk price and trade value. If I can get the price close to what I have in my head for it and the trade as high as possible plus what I get as a tax credit for trading in I will go with it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The grass is always greener....

What happens if something bad happens and you're stuck wishing you had just kept your old truck (which you were madly in love with)

...just something to think about when trying to swap for bigger, better things.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Might want to get a carfax on that Max.
See the front bumper hole?
That was not added until 2009.
07.5 and 08's had some cooling issues and GM put the bumper with the hole in it starting in 09.
That bumper has been replaced; you might want to know why before you buy.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
kashmir said:
Might want to get a carfax on that Max.
See the front bumper hole?
That was not added until 2009.
07.5 and 08's had some cooling issues and GM put the bumper with the hole in it starting in 09.
That bumper has been replaced; you might want to know why before you buy.
Good eye on that one!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was wondering about that, thanks! I went yesterday and drove it. Really like it, but I'm not the type of person to buy right away. That saleswoman will have to work and get a price that I'm happy with.haha, they say salespeople hate dealing with other salespeople. I just sent her an email about getting the carfax. I know dealers can get those for the customer so I don't have to pay for it.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
slipshod said:
Are you sure about the front bumper hole? My 2008 has it and it was never wrecked. I have a 6.6 maybe that is why I have it.
Your truck is an HD.
Front ends were different, yes, you do have the bumper hole, but the 1500's didn't get that style bumper until 09.

Of course I guess I could be wrong and they did put the bumper with the hole in the VortecMAX trucks because of the aluminum engine for cooling purposes.

I've just never seen an 07.5 or 08 with the bumper hole unless it's been replaced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.