Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
555 Posts
BigErn - hell of a build. I've been looking around for an eventual S-charger for my '07 5.3. Used to be only one or two builders of those and now it's wide open, plus various used OEM units from Camaros and Vettes for sale and most are plug and play with everything needed. How much did you shop for your set up and you have any wise experience re charger selection for the 5.3 to pass on? Have watched some guy out of Texas slap on SC's to trucks and vettes on Youtube - makes it look simple. Hardest part is no doubt getting her tuned to ideal.

Edit - would be a blast in the dunes, places like Pismo if they still have those run-what-ya-brung sand drags! What's the most you've done to really test her out?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
BigErn - hell of a build. I've been looking around for an eventual S-charger for my '07 5.3. Used to be only one or two builders of those and now it's wide open, plus various used OEM units from Camaros and Vettes for sale and most are plug and play with everything needed. How much did you shop for your set up and you have any wise experience re charger selection for the 5.3 to pass on? Have watched some guy out of Texas slap on SC's to trucks and vettes on Youtube - makes it look simple. Hardest part is no doubt getting her tuned to ideal.

Edit - would be a blast in the dunes, places like Pismo if they still have those run-what-ya-brung sand drags! What's the most you've done to really test her out?
Take your time and do your research. For warranty reasons I had a reputable shop do all the work. I liked the magnuson 1900 for the 5.3. Wasnt overkill. If I had the 6.2 I would have opted for the Whipple. I didn't want to push to much on ther motor where I would have had to upgrade injectors and pumps. Wanted ther power, but wanted it to last also. Magnuson has the install manuals online. Seems straight forward. Something I am sure I could have done over the weekend. I will say this, never trust the can tune that is sent. People always say it. Got it to my tuner a week after install. Come to find out, the factory tune had the wrong injectors selected. If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone with the high flow cats instead of catless midpipes. It's so much louder and at long periods at idol, I can start to smell exhaust gases.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Have you tried any of the car buyback places like Carvana?

I got $33k for my 2017 LT ext cab, a couple months ago and it just had a lift on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
05 Z71 5.3
197 Posts
Have you tried any of the car buyback places like Carvana?

I got $33k for my 2017 LT ext cab, a couple months ago and it just had a lift on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Off subject, but nbs prices are ridiculous. 215k miles in this one. People asking same prices as lbz or lly for their 5.3. etc

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.