Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what all others models this works on but my truck was a 2013. I had a custom lew tune (which was awesome btw) then restored the original stock tune before I sold the truck yesterday. All you’d need is to contact Lew or Any other tuner to write you a tune for this device

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i can't upload photos right now for some reason. Mods. Please Give me a little little bit

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Product Telephony Everyday carry Gadget Cameras & optics
Product Telephony Everyday carry Gadget Cameras & optics

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ac adapter Luggage and bags Bag Eyewear Adapter

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hand White Telephony Communication Device Mobile device

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I believe that anybody that wants it is going to want to see the screen where you paid the $150 to Diablo to have it unlocked.

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
^^^^ this. Please post a pic of the screen showing it is unlocked. Also, please post your location and shipping info (who pays?)

·
Registered
16,583 Posts
I believe that anybody that wants it is going to want to see the screen where you paid the $150 to Diablo to have it unlocked.
I did not think you needed to pay Intune to unlock it. I thought once you restored the stock tune to your truck that it unlocked the tuner????

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I restored the original stock backup so anybody should be able to use this to tune. It’s not married to any vehicle. I don’t know how to show that besides that part of the screen is blacked out. I’m in Fort Worth TX. The price includes shipping.

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,568 Posts
Tap on the question mark icon in the upper right corner. It will show you the license

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hand Gadget Gesture Communication Device Finger
Hand Gadget Gesture Communication Device Finger

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Here is the link to unlock. Also, apparently with the high price of lumber and steel prices through the roof, the price for them to push the button to remotely unlock your tool has gone up another 10 bucks to $159. About aa big a rip off as I can imagine. It takes less than 3 minutes and that equates to $3180 per hour. Those are pretty good shop rates, ya know, for them!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They don’t need to be unlocked if it’s not married to a vehicle. To be clear mine does not need to be unlocked. All you’d need to do is buy this intune then call Lew or whoever tuner and pay for the tune

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is what Lew told me in an email reply about it

you need to restore the original backup stock tune to the truck man, in order to unlock/reset the inTune so that you could sell it or use it on another supported vehicle... If you keep a tune installed in the truck, the inTune will still be locked to that vehicle, and you, nor anybody else, would be able to use it on any other vehicle, unless you pay diablosport $150 to unlock/reset it...

Thanks!
-- Lew
-- a.k.a. DiabLew / 06MonteSS

·
Super Moderator
18,568 Posts
Yeah there is no fee to pay to unlock a tool that isn't married.

Yours isn't married, as evident by the pics. The only reason someone would need to pay that fee, is if they buy a tool that someone never restored the stock tune with, and its still married to the vehicle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
There are 2 different models of the i3 for GM.. can you verify it’s 8245 or 8200? Should say on the info screens

·
Super Moderator
18,568 Posts
Given he said he had a lew tune, it would be the 8245 since the 8200 can't do custom tuning.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.