Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed new 6.5in kicker speakers in my door. At high volume I'm getting a loud hiss noise from the speakers. It occurs on aux once the volume gets up to about 25, and also in USB mode all the time. As soon as I unplug my phone during USB mode the hiss goes away. What do you guys think my issue is? And no the hiss doesn't change pitch or get louder as I accelerate and decellerate. Also I hooked up my rear 6x4 pillar speakers to see if they hiss too, and they do. Very confused about this.. any help is appreciated. My antenna is not hooked up because at the time I didn't have an adapter

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
It seems strange that a speaker change would cause this problem unless you did significant wiring work. I am assuming you simply replaced the old speakers and patched existing wiring into the new ones. It could be a defect in the speakers, I suppose.

· Registered
51 Posts
Speakers really aren't capable of making any noise on their own. If the hiss is only on aux and usb (you didn't mention if the problem is also on am/fm/cd/xm) then the problem is specific to your aux and usb. If you never heard it before the speaker change then your old speakers probably were not capable of reproducing those frequencies. There are a lot of "if's" and "maybe's" here, but if it is indeed aux and usb specific I'd take a closer look at your interconnect (the cable from the aux and the usb) for poor shield conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.