Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving my 2013 with 3500 miles on it to work this morning and speedo not registering any speed and rpm gage stays on about 1100 rpm. My seltbelt indicator flashes entire time too. Odometer was not registering miles and all other gages in cluster were working. Anyone here have this problem before on their nnbs? Very frustrating to have issue like this on brand new truck!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
A brand new truck with that few miles definitely shouldn't have those issues! I'd be taking it straight to the dealership and having them fix it!

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
^Agreed. Could be an issue with a loose harness or the cluster itself.

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Or its a really good opportunity to put some unlogged miles on that thing! Just download an app to tell you your speed Ulysse Speedometer works very well!

Joking... take it back to the dealer and sound angry they might throw in something

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called the dealership and dropping it off after work. I'll update when I find out the problem

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Popgun05,

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle regarding the gauges not working and you are visiting the dealership because of this concern. Please private message me referencing this thread if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
264 Posts
Could be a bad cluster. Not exactly like your situation, but my RPM gauge was stuck at 3000 RPM and the dealership ended up replacing the cluster. If they do go that route, listen for additional rattles when the dealership is done with it. I now have a bunch of squeaks, vibrations, and rattles coming from the dash since the dealership had their hands on it, which gets annoying during my daily 80 mile commute...
Good luck!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well left work yesterday and headed to dealership and wouldn't ya know everything working just fine. Dropped if off at the dealer and showed them the video I recorded of gauges not working. So got call from service department this morning. They tell me that there's no codes or notices about the gauge issue. And proceeds to tell me that GM advised them not to do anything due to all the aftermarket electronics I have installed. I have installed 2 amps sub n speakers using factory deck though and HID headlights.
What a bunch of bullsh!?!!!! I put all that in my truck the second day I owed my truck. Swapped it all from the truck I traded in. Got the truck back in June and now 5 months later and 3500 miles later those items I've installed are causing this issue. Such BS!!! So going to pick my truck back up after work and give them an ear full

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I'm no technician, but what the heck would headlights and a couple of amps have to do with the gauge cluster not working?

I think a call to GM should be your next move......

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Chances are it was something like a loose connector and they don't want to say...

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, but forgot to update this awhile ago. I contacted GM customer care and advised me to take it to a different dealership. Went to the other local Chevy dealership, showed them the video and they replaced the cluster and have no issues since. The thing that pissed me off the most is that I've purchased 3 brand new sierras within 4 year period from the dealership that wouldn't fix the issue. And take my Sierra to Chevy dealer where I've never spent a dime and they replace cluster. I told the Chevy dealer that they're earned my business from now on and boycotted the GMC dealership from here on out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.