Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a NNBS with the USB port on dash opposite the cigarette lighter, is there anyway to splice that wire to add another USB plugin and run it into the glove box? I don't have the USB in the center console and really hate having to hide my 1TB External Hard Drive everytime I get out. Would love to be able to mount it in the glove box and be done with it. I don't wanna have a wire just running into the glovebox from the dash mounted usb, would look tacky and annoy the crap outta me. Any ideas?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
after just thinking about it when I typed this out, I'd rather actually only have the USB that connects to the factory radio in the glove box and a USB connection that just charges on the dash so there is no interference when plugging in phones to charge etc. Would i be able to just rewire the one thats going into the dash to a new one in the glove box, then get the power for the one on the dash spliced off of the cigarette lighter?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I swear I did that and my results were nothing like that, guess I need to work on my use of keywords lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
706 Posts
ahopkins321 said:
I swear I did that and my results were nothing like that, guess I need to work on my use of keywords lol. Thanks!
dont feel bad.. I have had several topics i have attempted to search for and no results.. Not a fan of the way the search function works

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.