Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has had this problem. Last summer I did the front brakes on my truck. Couple months later they started to squeal a little, it wasn't to bad so I thought nothing of it. Couple weeks ago they were getting really noisy. So I took a look at them it see how much pad I had left. They were looking good. So I went out and bought a new hardware kit and some brake grease. I greased every part that needed to be greased. After that I took it out for a test drive and the squealing was gone. But it came back after a little while. It seems once the brakes got warm it came back. But not as bad as it was but still there. I am at a loss on what to do next. Please help.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Did U machine the rotors or buy new one.

What pads did U buy ??? Some materiel's sqweek more then others..

no more info on what U did/used

·
Registered
536 Posts
19trax95 said:
I've always found ceramic to be quiet. Semi metallic can be noisy.
maybe, depends how they ARE installed. ALL pads will makes some noise if they are moving or rattling in the caliper.

I have to use a red brake sealant on the back of some pads, some don't need it.

but....IMOP U get what U pay for...........

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a similar issue. Tore apart brakes today to find squeal. Pads are in good shape (probably 2/3 to 3/4 left on all front pads). Replaced all guide pins and boots as 2 were rusted in. Applied generous amounts of lube to all guide pins. Cleaned all brake dust from all parts including clips and lubed the square section of the clips (where the pads slide in). Applied generous amounts of CRC disc brake quiet to all pads and cleaned contact points of caliper Pistons. Cleaned rotors. Damn things are still squealing when stopping...any help?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts