Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
251 Posts
Two things that generally cause clicking noise:

1) Battery, you said you replaced this, make sure the leads are firmly secured, no loose connections. It doesn't make the noise itself, see item 2 :)
2) Starter, the clicking sound is typically the starter as it fails to start the engine. If the starter is fine, it could still fail if it is not getting proper current (and result in clicking noises).

The cheapest way to eliminate the battery is visually inspect everything, confirm there's no erosion or anything on the leads and then jump the battery with a larger battery... I tried jumping my truck with a friends car and it failed, my brother swung by with his truck and it jump started perfectly. New battery or not, maybe something caused it to drain while it was on the shelf. Deep cycle AGM batteries are amazing...

The starter some people say to tap it? I've never had that work, and have always replaced because... Who really wants to be stranded with a truck that won't start? lol.

Good luck.

· Registered
251 Posts
Your last clarification is wildly enlightening... Disregard my previous post and investigate your astrostart, it probably isn't releasing the "kill switch" built into the key column.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
its almost impossible to help troubleshoot over the internet without name/make/model of the system. Or how it was installed. Your best bet would be to try and find the manual online for it. Or contact the manufacture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.