Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe certain 2003-2006 Silverado (2500HD I think) and some Yukons came with a subwoofer in the center console. the part number is 15061879. My question is it possible to fit this into a 1999 Silverado 1500. I'm not sure how different the dashes are between these years but I don't think they're all that different, besides the radio din size difference.

Thanks for any help and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

·
Registered
2003 Silverado 1500 LS
1,690 Posts
I had a '98, and now have '03 1500. I upgraded the stereos in all of them, plus added subs. I use custom boxes, with 10" subs and a separate amp. That's the best way to get great bass. I would never mess with Bose components, their 'subs' are pretty much junk.

These guys here have sub boxes that fit under rear seat: SUBTHUMP

And these guys are where you go for info, wiring, speaker and amp: CRUTCHFIELD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a '98, and now have '03 1500. I upgraded the stereos in all of them, plus added subs. I use custom boxes, with 10" subs and a separate amp. That's the best way to get great bass. I would never mess with Bose components, their 'subs' are pretty much junk.

These guys here have sub boxes that fit under rear seat: SUBTHUMP

And these guys are where you go for info, wiring, speaker and amp: CRUTCHFIELD
Cool thanks I’m leaning toward a small 10” subwoofer underneath my rear seats. I was just trying to save more room for under the rear seats see if there’s any other options

·
Registered
1999 Silverado LT LQ4 2006 Sierra SLT LBZ
4,219 Posts
Yes you can do what you are asking but you will have to switch out the subwoofer since it will not work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts