Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got a 2012 Silverado 1500 LT z71 last Saturday. The truck came with a leveling kit and 33" mud grips and it gets a whopping 11.7mpg all around. I was wondering if swapping out the stock muffler with the Flowmaster 44's and get a few more MPG's.

Also, would swapping mufflers out effect any of these sensors, as in making any of them go off?

Thanks,
xMotivee

· Registered
568 Posts
Probably will get worse mpg. You're foot will be heavy all the time listening to that Flowmaster tone.

Honestly the best way to regain mpg is put back on stock size tires or regear

· Registered
52 Posts
just cut the muffler off and put a piece of straight pipe. Sounds good. Then get a tuner to delete the AFM so you dont get the stupid 4 cyl drone in the cab. I may end up adding a small resonator to muffle the sound slightly. When the windows are down my daughter is not a 100% fan. Shes 2 and loves the sound with the windows up.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate all the input, still probably going to look into getting something else because of how the exhaust runs under the transmission drop pan. Is that possible? If so, what should I use?

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ferraiolo1 said:
Yeah, only way to get rid of that is with long tube headers and a custom exhaust system. there isn't any issues with the way its ran from the factory.
alright. I really just do not like how the drop pan comes down, but I guess I'll just have to lift the trans just enough to get that pan out from between the two. That is what the dealer mechanic said they do to get it done...

· Registered
46 Posts
GreenGoblin227 said:
just cut the muffler off and put a piece of straight pipe. Sounds good. Then get a tuner to delete the AFM so you dont get the stupid 4 cyl drone in the cab. I may end up adding a small resonator to muffle the sound slightly. When the windows are down my daughter is not a 100% fan. Shes 2 and loves the sound with the windows up.
HIs initial question mentioned getting better MPGs, so he should deactivate the active fuel management?? :lol:

For what it's worth I have a Super 44 and love the sound!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.