Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. If this is in the wrong place PLEASE MOVE IT and do not delete :/

2005 Chevrolet Silverado SS. Black. LIcense plate #GBJ 4337. Two back window decals. Lower left back corner decal: In Memory of Lou. Lower right back corner decal: Don't Tread on Me.
Grey hard tonneau cover with passenger side lock completely missing.
Full interior/exterior LEDs and HID headlights. One of the daytime running lights is not working properly. Windows tinted.

**Driver side mirror is messed up. The actual mirror has moisture and some dark matter on it**

Stolen from Citibank off of Regent BLVD in Irving texas at 2:30PM CST on Wed the 9th.

$1,100 reward for information leading to the repossession of the vehicle.

214-Six 8 Three - 534 Four

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes truck is covered. It just has loads of sentimental value behind it. At this point, even though its only been a couple of days, I just want to know what ends up happening to it. I obviously want it back more than anything but in the case that I do not get it back, I'd love to know what ends up happening to it. :/

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GR2017 said:
02ws666 said:
.....Stolen from Citibank off of Regent BLVD in Irving texas at 2:30PM CST on Wed the 9th.....
For the rest of us, How did the thief get around the locks and security systems in broad daylight?
Wish I could tell you. TBH, I think it was a local/inside job because they took it at the exact moment the one camera pans away. But who am I to say what happened. I always thought they were very hard to steal because of the built in alarm system. Area is pretty busy too i was even parked in the front corridor. Wish i knew man, wish i knew.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE:::: Truck was photographed and found in some database at an apt complex around Duncanville Rd and Ledbetter Rd in Duncanville on Thursday the 10th, at 1:32 PM. Investigators going there now.

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
16,428 Posts
Glad it hasn't been chopped already. Do yu know if the original plates are still on the truck. I am kind of thinking it was just someone looking for a ride. Not a professional outfit.

BTW: How far from you is Duncanville? And are they heading north or south?

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lets just hope it was a quick ride. Investigator said they sometimes park the vehicle somewhere for a few days and come back and get it once the heat has died down. It was seen on Thursday. Lets just hope they haven't gone back to it. I will update once I have additional information. Thx for all the positive vibes and prayers.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Good luck! Hope they get it back.

Btw the security is not that great. They probably picked up the signal when you locked it wirelessly. Best way to prevent this is not to lock wirelessly. On newer systems if it doesn't seem to pick up they may be jamming your signal to get you to keep trying.

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
16,428 Posts
Wondering if truck was ever recovered???

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,109 Posts
Hope you get it back in one piece. I had a truck stolen. A box truck, work truck. It was parked at the shop over the Holiday's and was gone for a few days when the cops called and notified that they had found it due to some folks partying in the back too loudly and drew attention. It was returned with out ever being reported stolen and it was in one piece other than beer bottles and some illegal substances the cops obviously over looked. I do wonder how the apt. complex knew enough to search their data base in search of your truck and to then report it. How do they tie in?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.