Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Silverado 1500 LT 4x4, and am looking to add a little lift to it. I was curious as to which one or which kind i should get. I have been looking at a lot of different things on the internet and i can't decide. I am leaning more towards a 4.75 suspension lift by rough country due to the convenient price, but i'm not sure what the difference would be between a 3.5in and a 4.75 in suspension lift and what my options are for rims and tires.

For replied posts if people could post pictures of examples of what they've done to their trucks that are similar if not thats fine too. Thank you guys for your help!

I will upload a couple pictures of my truck if i need to.

Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
The 3.5" lift looks like my truck and 33" tires pretty much what your limited to. You can go bigger but trimming will be involved. You can go down to like a +12 offset on wheels with the 3.5" lift without trimming with 33's. 0ffset & Barlow you'll trim
some.

The 4.75" lift is their 3.5" lift with a body lift on top & let's have a little more clearance for tires & wheel offset like on 3.5" alone. Maybe even run 34"'tires without rubbing depending on offset.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
You can go lower than a 12mm offset and clear 33s fine with the 3.5". It really depends on the rim width. 0mm on an 8" rim sticks out the equivalent to 12mm on a 9" rim. Go to a 10" rim and 12mm could be too much offset. Stating an offset without a rim width is like the threads in the wheel/tire section that want to fit 285's on their 20" rims. Without the aspect ratio 285 doesn't help very much.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
i had a 33.6x12r18 (305/65R18) on my truck with a 3" level got a little more then 3" out of my level with the diff drop on a 18x9 rim with a 00 offset but it did require trimming...i just added the 1.25" body lift over the weekend and added 295/70R18 trail grapplers today so like a 34.25x11.6r18's didnt require any additional trimming after the body lift

my sig pic is with my all terrains and just the leveling kit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for the replies i really appreciate the time! I think that i am going to lean more towards the 3.5in lift due to the not having to trim anything on the truck.

Thanks
Zach

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
what is going to make you not have to cut? if you do the 4.75" its the same kit as the 3.5" kit with a body lift its nothing different to your suspension...if you use a stock offset wheel you can fill in the fenders a little more with very minimal cutting because of the offset of the rims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.