Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6in lift on my single cab Silverado but my tie rods and cv joints keep on breaking. My question is do you guys have any recommendations on to which ones I can buy so something out there to reinforce them. Anything will help. Thanks!!

· Administrator, Servicemen, How-To Author, TOTM
2009 Chevy Z71; sounds fast.
6,896 Posts
First I would like to know what brand of lift do you have and did you install it yourself or have it professionally installed?

Or, did you buy the truck like that? If so, did you buy it from a dealer or personal sale?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apart from that is there any set up out there to reinforce what I have now? I've replaced the CV's about 2 times already and I don't want to keep running into this problem. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,063 Posts
There isn't much you can do.. The geometry of the design is jacked up, so you'll have these issues even if you got a HD CV and HD ends, but they may last longer before inevitable failing again.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,225 Posts
No but i believe that would require you to get a whole new lift. I could be wrong, some one else correct me if i am, but youre stretching that RC lift out, which even set at 6in those lifts dont have very nice angles. And it looks like your bump stops are cut off, if you get high travel UCAs with those coil overs you would almost need to get droop limit straps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.