Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from me removing my UCA again to measure the diameter of the bushing... Does anyone know the size of bushing I would need to replace the UCAs from Rough Country?

They're the ones for a 2011 GMC Sierra, I assume it's the same model for years 07-13

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,225 Posts
You would need to get he bushings from RC. Since they are their control arms. The ball joints I believe you can get from a different vendor. Best to call them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I use a press to push out the bushings that are in the bushings right now to grease them up (I'm sure you're aware of my squeaking problem), would I be able to press them back in. Or does the bushing press kind of ruin the bushing?

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called rough country, I tried to convince them to send me 4 bushing kits but they can't send me the kits for the passenger side if there isn't a problem with them (yet)

Sp they're sending me two

· Registered
1,852 Posts
Just had a thought, when you put the control arms in did you torque the bolts with the truck jacked up? You should always have the truck on the ground or on ramps to load the suspension before torquing the bolts. If you torque them with the suspension unloaded, the bushings are in a constant state of strain when loaded and can fail prematurely.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I did. I was going to do that today since a whole can of white lithium grease didn't do anything.
I wasn't able to get around to it today and don't really want to do it now in the dark and freezing rain.

I'll have to do it tomorrow

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GMT604 said:
Just had a thought, when you put the control arms in did you torque the bolts with the truck jacked up? You should always have the truck on the ground or on ramps to load the suspension before torquing the bolts. If you torque them with the suspension unloaded, the bushings are in a constant state of strain when loaded and can fail prematurely.
Do you think I should loosen off the camber bolts for the control arms when the truck is still on the ground and then torque once it's shifted to ride height.
Or
Jack the truck up, loose the camber bolts, set the truck down, and then torque?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.