Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at hellwig sway bars for my 2011 sierra 2wd. I have a 2.5" level up front and bilstien 5100's all around. I have ungodly body roll coming out of the driveway and turning. It's ridiculous enough to have me searching for options. I understand there is a stock front:

Is it worth replacing?

Will a rear sway bar tighten my boat up!!!

Thanks,

Jonathan

·
Registered
2018 Sierra Denali
774 Posts
depending on what front bar you have it could be worth replacing and I have installed the rear bar and left my front one stock. It made a huge difference in the handling of the truck, keeps it planted through the corners. I have a hellwig and would highly recommend it, the product is awesome and easy to install. any more questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
795 Posts
+1 on adding the Hellwig 7800 to the rear end. After adding it I didn't feel there was any need to replace the front.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I was def leaning towards the hellwig rear. I'll go with it and see how she feels. I have a feeling I will be very pleased. Something's got to keep that Diablew Tune under control!!! Hahahaha

·
Registered
2018 Sierra Denali
774 Posts
Something else I would have recommended to help with handling would be to lower it, however, you already lifted the front. With the drop and hellwig bar on mine it handles like a car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So installed the hellwig rear swaybar and pow! What a difference. Worth it. Now thinking of replacing front rubber bushings with poly. Found a kit for $40 or so. All and all Hellwig did a hell of a job. Feels great.

·
Registered
857 Posts
bumping an older thread here..

I'm looking at the hellwig bar right now.. I lowered my truck with a shackle kit and removing the rear block. Looks like there are 2 hellwig bars that might fit. Which part number did you guys use?

·
Registered
2018 Sierra Denali
774 Posts
I love the hellwig bar it is heavy as hell and very high quality. But like already stated I would call Hellwig to confirm that it will work with the 14.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also had to cut my pipes off. I have yet to re work the exhaust be it actually doesn't sound bad. Eventually however id like to.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
brj833 said:
I love the hellwig bar it is heavy as hell and very high quality. But like already stated I would call Hellwig to confirm that it will work with the 14.
Brian I contacted Hellwig today via tech support on the net and asked for the part number for my 2012 1500 4x4 CC lowered 3 inches and they stated they don't have a bar that fits. Which bar did you order for your truck? I probably already asked you that but forgot. Thanks

Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 6:18 AM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: New Tech Support Form Entry

I am sorry we don't have a sway bar for that app yet

Thank you

A customer has filled out the tech support form on HellwigProducts

Looking for the correct part number for a rear bar to fit a 2012 Silverado 1500 4X4 CC lowered 3 inches in the rear with shackles and removing the block. Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Sierra Denali
774 Posts
Hellwig: 7800 Rear Adjustable Sway Bar. Thats what I used and it fit with no problem. I have a topic for the install I believe if you look through my topics, had some pictures and stuff in there.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I got an email from Belltech, doesn't look like they'll be releasing a rear sway bar anytime soon. I'll most likely go with the DJM because it looks pretty adjustable and designed for a lowered truck.

G

·
i installed a hellwig sway bar on my brothers 09 sierra with a 4" rear drop and dual rear exit exhaust with no fitment issues. also, on djm's site, they have the longer end links for stock height trucks. anyone ever tried the addco rear sway bar? found it on summitracing cheaper than hellwig and djm

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.