Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I did a search in here but didn't get anything back on the Alpine 610's

Here is the system I'm thinking of putting together, head unit is a alpine 900w that I already have from my previous truck, the amp is a Polk audio 660 that shoots out 75w rms per channel, now here is where I'm stuck. I'm thinking of getting the alpine 610c for the front and the 610 for the rear. My question is how do you guys feel about the set up? Any suggestion welcome and thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
My buddy had them in his Jeep and I found them to be very harsh sounding speakers. Your best bet is to find a local shop and take a cd with some music and listen to them. Just because I didn't like the way they sound doesn't mean that you will. There are lots of people that like those speakers, but they aren't for me.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Another option is to check out Crutchfield.com and read some of there reviews or different setups with there support..:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have those speakers in my truck. The highs are a bit bright so you will need to tame them down some. I found that they opened up after a few long road trips and sound even better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Krank said:
I have those speakers in my truck. The highs are a bit bright so you will need to tame them down some. I found that they opened up after a few long road trips and sound even better.
Did you fit the tweeter in the factory place

·
Registered
28 Posts
Straight from my head unit which is a pioneer bt3300 or something close. I am running two JL8s to bring up the low end some. But I was quite surprised at how much bass these speakers put out for their size. I'm sure if I amped the door speakers they would sound even better but it seems that my head unit puts out enough clean power to push these drivers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.