Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok not sure if I talked about it here, but I found out that the gm housings are diffused, which would explain the reduced light output when running my 410 lumen led reverse lights haven't switched back but i wanna say stock was better?

My question is
1. Does the ltz have the same problem? Would really love this route as its factory look
2. Hate to go aftermarket
https://www.carid.com/2016-chevy-silver ... 25125.html or http://winjetinc.com/index.php/winjet/t ... clear.html
3. I cant run the gmc tail lights right?
4. Does the cargo light have the same diffused housing and is the bulb number the same i cant remember.

Thank you guys

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya the setup i have is diode dynamic 410 lumen leds i believe on there product had them in my cargo lights on my ram and could light up my lane (each side) minus my blacked out area right behind the truck i had about 10ft or so of usable light would like to swap to all led lights but if i am going to have the same issue its not going to work well dont have the cargo lights anymore but my reverse was a year old when I switched them

no night pics

What i see out my side mirror in the chevy. On old truck I could see pretty good without rolling my window down

How Much distance does yours throw?

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts
Mine say 800 lumen and are easily as bright as my 510 lumen Diode Dynamics fog lights. Sad but true. Looking at your pic of the D***e it looks similar to my reverse. It's bright and for $20 it's a great deal.

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya mine was $95 shipped. I heard people loved the brand. And i loved them.

· Registered
572 Posts
TexasPride21 said:
1. Does the ltz have the same problem? Would really love this route as its factory look
The LTZ uses an LED taillight unit, but suspect it is not plug&Play.

As the taillight shape is the same, not sure why they would not fit. But, the same adaption issue as the LTZ if they are the LED version.

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I would love to have access to a ltz style light i am wondering if Its a good trade I assume its all led light?

On that one link I posted it was a plug and play it included resistors, 2 per housing. The gmc style seems pretty cool vs the chevy in my opinion and probably could make it work as well

Edit did a quick ebay search yall gmc owners get the better styles eventually i will swap to a gmc style custer (the top level trim) and do a gmc radio (alpine upgrade) and have best of both worlds gmc parts with a chevy front end

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya i may have to re think those didn't realize that they were a pretty penny still, would it be hard to fot gmc style (aftermarket lights)

Or just stick with chevy lights?

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
I don't think anything aftermarket would have any better of a reverse light housing. You can always add flush pods to your bumper. Or install better lights in your cargo light and turn it on when reversing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought a about that but if the aftermarket housings are diffused style. (Thats what i have been told) my dealer isnt any help... also whats bad my cuz's ford non led light model is brighter then mine.. so i do believe that housings are to blame.

If i put led in my steps really don't want to though i seen one where is a flush mount and step is still acceptable, would that make me to bright for shopping areas (gonna run it to where i put it in reverse it comes on.) for what my truck sees its Needed

· Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought about it but i am hoping that i can get the new housings and have nice light, was pretty happy with the ram, even my cuz 16 f150 non led was brighter

Not talking bad about my chevy but thats what i noticed

Talked to winjet via email and they weren't really helpful hopefully they respond better

· Registered
7 Posts
TexasPride21 said:
Ok not sure if I talked about it here, but I found out that the gm housings are diffused, which would explain the reduced light output when running my 410 lumen led reverse lights haven't switched back but i wanna say stock was better?

My question is
2. Hate to go aftermarket
https://www.carid.com/2016-chevy-silver ... 25125.html or http://winjetinc.com/index.php/winjet/t ... clear.html
4. Does the cargo light have the same diffused housing and is the bulb number the same i cant remember.

Thank you guys
I have a 2016 LT. Bought set of Factory LTZ Taillights.

1 - The harness is different is between 2016 LT and 2016 LTZ as the connector on the back of the housing is different.

2 - If you have 2014-2015, the connector underneath the bed is different than 2016. Gen5DIY sells a harness to adapt.

3 - In either case of a swap, resistors are required to prevent hyper flash. Again, Gen5DIY's harness includes an inline resistor to correct this.

4 - I am running Phillips LED bulbs for cargo and reverse and didn't any difference is the diffused housing between LT and LTZ lights. They look the same to me.

5 - GMC Tail Lights don't fit.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.