Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a I have a issue that has me stumped,, The tailights on my truck sometimes work and sometimes dont, I think I have traced it down to the relay under the hood because When I switch it out with one of the other ones ( there are 3 relays), the lights come on, til I turn the truck off. Is the relay the problem or some other electrical thing? The guy at the parts store says it doesnt call for a relay but fuses, ?
Oh and when the tail lights are on , every time I get back in the truck I have to switch the relay out to get them to come back on, ?? all the other lights on the truck work properly? Thanks

· Registered
2,304 Posts
Well the good news is that it sounds like the wiring is good all the way back to the lights. You can eliminate a lot of time not having to test sockets and bulbs and grounds.
Keep digging I bet you find it. Did you buy a new relay that appears to be bad. Are the relays you are switching around all the same. Some latch, some don't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.