Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a how-to manual for the replacement mirrors, but the article is for turn signal/power mirrors and the guy had to remove the door panel to get to the wiring (I think )

If my tow mirrors are just manual everything with no wiring, do I need to remove the door panel still? Or will I be able to just remove that cover to access the bolts to undo the mirror?

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
you have to remove the door panel to get to the lower bolts if i remember correctly.

Does your truck not have power mirrors?

· Registered
3,390 Posts
Gonna be tight to get to the bottom two bolts, top one is accessible but i think the bottom two are actually covered by the door panel. It is not difficult to remove, take you five minutes but you will know as soon as you pull the triangle piece though if you can get in there, just pull the foam.

You sure you have no wires though? not even defrost?

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive got power mirrors on my stock mirrors but I figure I won't really need power mirrors since once you set the mirrors to the angle you like, then you dont need to ever touch them again, unless my mirror gets hit. That, and they weren't in stock :p

· Registered
717 Posts
Gotta take the door panel off, no way to get to the bottom 2 bolts until you do so.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Man you really are all about looks over function. You will be prying trying to get to the lower bolts. The door panel is easy to take off there are some YouTube vids of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ferraiolo1 said:
Man you really are all about looks over function. You will be prying trying to get to the lower bolts. The door panel is easy to take off there are some YouTube vids of it.

I'm glad you mentioned the first comment there about looks over function because it made me go back to the website to check the price difference between the two for manual and power so I could try to prove a point and it turns out that I bought the power and heated mirrors after all :oops:

Now for the other concern.. my truck doesnt have the defrost option. Could I just hook the mirror defroster up to a relay and toggle to get them to work?

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
Well they will be plug and play so you dont have to worry about that. As for the heated function, thats an area i dont know of

· Registered
3,390 Posts
I highly recommend these units.

http://www.frostfighter.com/index.htm

My truck came pre-wired to the back for a defroster so all i had to add was the grid and some homemade connections, but it really comes in handy up here where real men live.

Relay on a toggle will work as well but you want something that is going to turn off after a certain time so you dont forgot and burn it up.

· Registered
717 Posts
djlove said:
I highly recommend these units.

http://www.frostfighter.com/index.htm

My truck came pre-wired to the back for a defroster so all i had to add was the grid and some homemade connections, but it really comes in handy up here where real men live.

Relay on a toggle will work as well but you want something that is going to turn off after a certain time so you dont forgot and burn it up.
When did you start living in Bama? :lol:

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kashmir said:
If you have an 07.5-13 (NNBS) You DO have defrost on the mirrors.
All of GM's NNBS trucks that have power windows have mirror defrost.
You sure?
Mines a 2011 and has the power windows but it doesnt have a rear window defrost.
I thought the rear window defrost and heated mirrors was an SLE package

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
I thought that too. Otherwise how else would you turn on your heated mirrors if you didn't have a rear defroster button?

Easy way to tell now that it's cold out, turn on your defroster and see if the fog disappears quickly

· Registered
2,820 Posts
If you have this HVAC control, you push the button on the right (you can see the little "heated" mirror in the center.

If you have this HVAC control, the second button from the left on the bottom is the heated mirror. (again, you can see the little heated mirror)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.