Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a 2010 half ton with the 7.5" lift with the bells and whistles and what not. I was driving down the road and saw this duramax at a dealership looked like a leveling kit with some black xd 20's with the cooper stt's mud tires. I pulled in a checked it out. it is a 2010 crew cab it has 64k miles on it. The truck looks sweet. It is an LT and when I text drove it I was very surpised how much better riding my truck is than this thing. Was it just this truck in paticular or do most duramax's ride a little rough? I havent ever drove one so I really dont know but it def made my truck feel like a cadillac. It is a 2500 4x4.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My father-in-law has a duramax and to me, it rides rougher than my 1500. He does not have any upgrades to it at all and it just has a stiffer feeling, and it should. IMO!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea I figured it would be a little stiffer due to what it is made for. Maybe it was just this truck im not putting them down in any way I absolutely love them it just caught me off gaurd. This guy wants my truck and i want his haha so who knows what going to happen. Dont know if I can get rid of my baby

·
Registered
2018 Silverado LTZ
3,274 Posts
Once you go in to something heavier than a half-ton the ride degrades significantly. And let's face it-the Silverado 1500 is one of the best riding half-tons on the market. The same thing that makes an heavier truck be able to load more and haul more is the same thing that makes them ride heavier. It's called a heavier frame, bigger (heavier) motor, bigger springs, brakes, etc.,etc. Some will say their heavier truck rides as good as a half-ton. It it can haul more it's simply not true.

And the 2014 SIlverado REALLY PROVES how well a half-ton can ride. It's unbelievable!

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,433 Posts
It cant be as bad as my buddies 85 k30. That thing rides like it has no suspension at all. But if I remember right, my fathers old 05 2500hd didnt ride too good either. Especially compared to his 09 and even my 95.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea I kinda figured it wouldnt be as good as the half ton but man it would be nice to get a duramax just I would never use it other than showing the ricers up. So I plan on sticking with my truck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.