Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it'd be a neat idea to have a thread dedicated to the members toys outside of their trucks to see what everyone is into.

Motorcycles, quads, dirt bikes, boats, etc. Whatever you are into for fun, or have any cool projects your working on with your toys, post them up.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Well..I do have more trucks..lol
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Vehicle Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel

All my hobbies are expensive...like my Marlin collection. Mostly 1948-52 waffle tops in .30-30, but a few others in there..
Wood Tool Metal Ammunition Shotgun

And of course high end 1911s..
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Material property Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Font Gun accessory

And super expensive revolvers..1965 Colt Python w/26 rounds fired..
Trigger Bicycle part Cylinder Air gun Gun accessory

No, I'm not rich. I've worked all my life and bought a little here and there. This is my 401K..hopefully it works out in the end. Just a glimpse of a few toys..

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
330 Posts
Love that Colt Python. What year is it? Unfired?

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
330 Posts
Some of my toys:

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Cosmetics Material property Electric blue Gas Auto part
Wood Bicycle part Carbon Hardwood Wood stain

·
Premium Member
2016 LTZ Midnight Edition
436 Posts
I have to many hobbies and toys but this is my latest, I guess toy. I've always wanted one and have searched for a few years only to find it 5 minutes from my house 🤣🤣
Red Gas Machine Carbonated soft drinks Soft drink
Blue Gas Engineering Rectangle Hood

Reactions: tsuintx and dav2no1

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
hah! I work for a toy company.. I literally thought this thread was going to be about toys so I came in here with my pic of my collection of somewhat rare or unique Diecast cars and random "toys".. :ROFLMAO::p

View attachment 942000

I'll see myself out.. ;)
No, let's see em! I am an ultra collector. I have hotwheels and all sorts of other collections. As a matter of fact my sister and I goto a lot of sales...so we started an etsy store, because we can't keep it all. Our store is called Northwest Vintage. NOWVI at etsy.

My problem is, I like to keep everything..

WWI Trench Art shells owned by Dr. Goodsell. I bought these locally from his relatives..
"Dr. John W. Goodsell was surgeon to the Peary Arctic Club’s North Pole Expedition of 1908, the one on which Robert Peary claimed to have reached his goal of a lifetime."
Artifact Durango boot Art Boot Metal

Handwriting Font Rectangle Writing Letter

Rectangle Tints and shades Font Paper Pattern

Artifact Natural material Art Metal Event

More WWI Trench art
Wood Artifact Art Metal Carving

Reactions: Liftedwhiteltz

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
And I love me some license plates..
On top, those are 1923 Washington State car plates(white/blue numbers). The Oregon motorcycle plate(145)... according to Oregon plate expert, the lowest known number that year is 142.
World Wood Font Art Rectangle

Part of my garage art..
Wood Art Tints and shades Font Flooring

Flag of the united states Wood Font Flooring Flag

(Above)Have a huge art collection..to right of plates is a John Miro(1949) and to the left Honoré Daumier(1808-1879)..he hated lawyers, judges and such. One of the first cartoon satire artists. He even spent time in prison for mocking the king in a drawing. These are 1940s reproductions.
Did someone say hotwheels. Just a few of hundreds or more..
Rectangle Gadget Food Machine Automotive lighting

Or micro machines?
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Product Automotive lighting

*Below**Photograph of the 1st commercial flight of the Concorde.(jan21, 1976). Below that(the cat, Circa 1970s) rare print of art by (Ralph)Rabrindra Danks..he was a guitarist for The Playboys..in 1961 they opened for The Beatles and later for the Rolling Stones. Danks was also involved in the production of "Sesame Street" in New York. He wrote short musical videos and wrote songs for animated cartoons. Paid $20 estate sale
Brown Picture frame Black Wood Art

News photos WWI(1921). General Billy Mitchell aka " father of the United States Air Force". Project B: anti-ship bombing demonstration - 1921. He came up with the idea of bombing ships from aircraft! Paid $5 at garage sale
Picture frame Art Rectangle Painting Creative arts

1875 PIERRE DE CONINCK Engraving "Strawberry Girl". Antique Steel Engraving on wove paper after the original by master engraver S. S. Smith. I bought this at a garage sale for $20..was dark, thought it was silk screen..put some light behind it and was floored!
Cheek Head Hairstyle Art Painting

Attachments

Reactions: Chevrolado

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,655 Posts
I have lots of toys and interests...

A 71 Cheyenne
An 84 Larson Silverline
An 02 Sea Doo GTI
About $30,000+ worth of tools
A safe full of firearms.......

But the real investment is what my wife and I do together....
Commercial Real estate
Original Art and Antiques (Among those an original John Lowell and an original Dennis Zervas.

Reactions: dav2no1

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I guess my bike is my main “toy”. A toy that is being enjoyed on the road and not just polishing it in the garage. :cool:

Don’t know if any of the rest are considered toys, but I also have some firearms, hell of a lot of tools/tool storage (including some vintage stuff) as well as a bunch of toy cars.

Plus what ever car or truck I have on its way to be flipped. Been a bit quiet on that front for a few months since the prices have been, say…, riduculous. Once the market cools down, I’ll be back again.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Vehicle

Reactions: dav2no1

·
Super Moderator
18,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Put a new (buddy gave it to me with the sled) exhaust on last night. Also started to polish the tunnel. Looking pretty good so far. Still has a little ways to go yet though. I'll grab a video and post it up of the exhaust. Makes it sound like a 2 stroke should.

·
Registered
8,905 Posts
My toys change regularly over the years. But currently I have a
16 Kodiak 700 SE mainly used to clear the snow in the laneway. Bought it new has 500km
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Combat vehicle

Then there is the 07 Vstar 1100 classic I just finished bobbing. Probably sell it in the spring and buy something else.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

And the newest acquisition is a 1950 Ford sedan Custom. All original, plans are to hot rod with the original 239 Flathead.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I'm always perusing KIJIJI and marketplace, so who knows what's next.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,058 Posts
Does this count?

12v kids ride in jeep

Old battery

new battery, I have some 2 pin connectors on the way so I can get ride of those exposed quick connects though.

He smiled from ear to ear when it took off. Easily twice as fast as the original battery.

I would like to do some pneumatic wheels as well, and maybe add two wheel motors up front and a switch for 4x4 when he's a bit older. It will be a fun ongoing thing for me and my son to do I think.

·
Super Moderator
18,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice haha. I did something similar to my brother's little electric tractor when he was little. I got some rubber tires and made new axles for it so they would fit. I kept it 12 volt though since it was actually decently quick for what it was. He drove it in the snow and everything lol. But the rubber tires made him flip it over a couple times. He liked to get going down the driveway and power slide it into the garage. The plastic wheels would slide, but the rubber ones grabbed too much haha.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts